Are you interested in becoming a part of The Athlete’s Foot team? See our available positions below.
Company: TAF Retail, LLC (d/b/a The Athlete's Foot U.S.)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Senior Director of Planning & eComm
Job Responsibilities Overview
- Complete deep dive seasonal teardowns by brand, department, class and gender to assess sales performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Create OTB/Plans by Month/Week by Division/Season
- Create assortment plan that aligns with OTB/Plans for each month
- Share our order forecasts with our strategic brand partners and align on expected order volumes
- Build assortments based on brands' initiatives and key stories
- Work with Merchant to build appropriate assortment between key stories and hitting classification goals
- Participate in our Product Advisory meetings, in which we select key parts of our assortment
- Staying true to our brand positioning, partner with Merchants to evaluate our vendor base. Determine brands we want to add and brands we want to exit.
- Partner with Marketing to understand key campaigns vendors and/or TAF will support (and therefore will impact the number of units required in the buy). Similarly, participate in marketing discussion and decision making around pricing and promotions (to help hit our sales, margin and inventory goals)
- Collaborate with Operations to share inbound and outbound plans
Reporting & In Season Management
- Produce a weekly sales report; analyze the business to identify immediate, near-term, and potential long-term actions to drive sales
- Maintain a healthy inventory position (recommend cancels/RTVs), chase best sellers, recommend markdowns
- Analyze inventory position and recommend promos to drive sales on a weekly/monthly basis. Review sales data to ensure we are consistent with our brand partners’ MAP pricing.
- Support our global HQ teammates by providing regular reports on our sales performance as well as important updates
Tools, Processes, and Systems
- Create / improve tools to complete planning activities (OTB, buy plan, markdown model, etc.)
- Build required analyses and reports to understand how the business is performing, to communicate insights and observations to TAF leadership, and to recommend actions to take.
- Be a power user of our key merchandising and eComm reporting systems (POS, Cloud Commerce, LBMX, 3PL)
- Partner with the eComm Ops Manager to track shipments and deliveries, reconcile short ships / short pays
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years Planning/Buying experience (previous experience as a buyer is plus)
- Background in multi-brand retail concepts is a plus
- High degree of financial and analytical aptitude a must
- Exceptionally strong Excel and MS office skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to handle various situations, multiple priorities, changing business needs as well as the diverse personalities within TAF and the supplier community
- Leadership: Foster a work environment that is positive, open-minded, collaborative, and productive